Traveling to Canada? Get a Canadian insurance card!

As of June 1st, it’s getting more difficult to cross the border to Canada. You and your passengers will need a passport, passport card, or enhanced drivers license (children under 16 can still use a birth certificate).

While you are checking your documentation, make sure you have a Canadian insurance card for any vehicle that will be driven in Canada. You don’t need special insurance in Canada, but you do need to have their insurance card if you are stopped. Though it’s rarely an issue in the Niagara Falls area, we have had situations where our customers have had hassles when traveling deeper into Canada.

Canadian cards are free and are good until you switch cars or insurance companies. If we handle your insurance, we would be happy to type them up for you.

For more information, drop by our website at, or get in touch with me.

The information in this post is general in nature, and geared toward insurance conditions in Western New York.  As always, you should speak with an insurance adviser to determine your specific insurance needs.

Comments are closed.

Privacy Policy | Information Security Policy | rochester seo